What's the Risk of Catching Coronavirus From a Surface?

JSA Office

May 28, 2020, 8:16:00 PM5/28/20
to JSA of LIS Program Forum
An article in the May 28 NY Times by Tara Parker-Pope is titled "What's the Risk of Catching Coronavirus From a Surface."

The articles concludes with this, “I believe the C.D.C. is right when it says that surface transmission is not a dominant one,” said Dr. Chudnovsky. “Surfaces frequently touched by a large number of people, like door handles, elevator buttons, etc., may play a more significant role in spreading the infection than objects touched incidentally, like food packages delivered to homes.” The bottom line is that the best way to protect ourselves from coronavirus — whether it’s surface transmission or close human contact — is still social distancing, washing our hands, not touching our faces and wearing masks.