Disenfecting: what method are you going to use at your program?

JSA Office

Jun 2, 2020, 8:36:13 AM6/2/20
to jsao...@googlegroups.com
The WaterFront Center in Oyster Bay NY has been renting kayaks and paddleboards since May 22, so we asked what method the WFC has been using to clean and disinfect their equipment.  George Ellis and Arielle Darrow at WFC gave this description:
We are cleaning the life jackets and paddle seats with denatured alcohol (diluted with water to 70%) so they dry much quicker. We are cleaning the boats and paddles with Simple Green Antibacterial Cleaner and Disinfectant diluted to the directions on the bottle. We then wash the equipment with salt water and let them dry in the sun. Between the solution, salt water and sun, the equipment is ready for the next person. People have been very positive about us cleaning everything (or at least that is what they told us).
        WFC is using pump-up tank sprayers, like those typically used in a garden, to apply the alcohol and Simple Green solutions.

What disinfecting method are you going to use at your program? You may reply to this topic to share your method.

Note: here are some references that JSA has found that provide more info about the methods used by WFC:
  - Lifejacket Association of manufacturers states that alcohol is a suitable method for quickly disinfecting lifejackets as described here http://www.lifejacketassociation.org/life-jackets/covid-19-virus-cleaning-storing-your-pfd/
  - Simple Green describes which of its products are suitable for coronavirus disinfecting and specifies the required contact time https://simplegreen.com/news-and-media/coronavirus-faq/

Pump Up Tank Sprayer.jpg