Community Sailing Programs in Connecticut are Opening Up

JSA Office

Jun 1, 2020, 4:16:15 PM6/1/20
to jsao...@googlegroups.com
Community boating organizations typically open earlier than junior programs sponsored by yacht clubs. Here are two examples in Connecticut that are emphasizing safe procedures at their programs, which other junior programs may review:
  • New England Science and Sailing Foundation in Stonington is starting two-hour after-school classes this week, and is making a point to emphasize safety in a video: "NESS will be adhering to all guidance from the CDC, the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. We are currently planning to host limited programs starting June 1st and opening Camp NESS on June 22nd. Due to social distancing restrictions, space in both programs and camp will be limited. In order to get as many of you on the water as we can, we are planning to operate 7-days a week." The video about the preparations at NESS is here  https://www.facebook.com/NESSF.org/videos/249779886243828/
  • SoundWaters in Stamford is also promoting its concern for safety: "Given the COVID-19 crisis, we want to affirm our commitment to the health and welfare of our campers and their families and recognize that we will face new challenges. We are following established best practices and will continue to look to the State of Connecticut Office of Early Childhood (OEC), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Camp Association (ACA) and other regulators and experts for additional guidance."  The SoundWaters safety procedures are described here https://soundwaters.org/summer-programs/covid-19faqs/