jsTestDriver shows 0 tests(0 success, 0 failure)

Biraj Choudhury

Jan 7, 2013, 3:53:44 PM1/7/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Simple Hello world test using Jasmine and jsTestDriver, shows 0 Test Cases executed (0 success, 0 failure)

The unit under test doesn't show error in chrome or Firefox, and there is no ./ used in config file.

Please find the code attached.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Biraj
TestJsTestDriver.rar

Biraj Choudhury

Jan 7, 2013, 4:20:01 PM1/7/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
It is not that it always shows 0 Test cases, sometimes it passes, but most of the times it shows 0 Test Cases(0 success, 0 failure)

Sergey Simonchik

Jan 8, 2013, 5:59:20 AM1/8/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Try to remove coverage plugin section from your jsTestDriver.conf.

Biraj Choudhury

Feb 1, 2013, 1:12:38 PM2/1/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sergey, it shows 0 Test cases executed irrespective of Coverage, on some machines however the same code and same test setup runs the test cases, in some machines however it shows 0 test case executed, I am totally surprised, by the lack of similar behavior of this tool across all machines.

Cory Smith

Feb 1, 2013, 1:18:29 PM2/1/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Machines, or browsers?
> email to js-test-drive...@googlegroups.com.

> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/js-test-driver?hl=en.

Biraj Choudhury

Feb 1, 2013, 11:08:46 PM2/1/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Hello Cory, yeah it is different machines, if you just distributed the folder i attached with all setup and test cases in my first post and distributed it between 10 different people , for x number of people it would run and show the test cases as pass or fail, and Y number number of people would say it gave 0 test cases executed. My project used jsTestDriver+ Jasmine+ RequireJS, I would like to note without require.js this issue doesn't occur across different machines and the behavior is uniform.

Cory Smith

Feb 1, 2013, 11:10:44 PM2/1/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Yeah... Require.JS isn't officially supported (yet): it messes with the caching.

I would suggest adding a reset on executions, as it will fix the
caching issues. It's less machines and more state.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Biraj Choudhury