Status of jsTestDriver

Marc Courtney Johnson

Aug 12, 2013, 1:17:05 AM8/12/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
What's going on with jstestdriver?

Is it being actively developed?

It appears as if there are only two guys working on it?

When is the next release?

What would be the best way I could help out with this project?

Cory Smith

Aug 12, 2013, 10:32:16 AM8/12/13
to JsTestDriver
Inline.

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Marc Courtney Johnson <marc.c....@gmail.com> wrote:
What's going on with jstestdriver?
It's in maintenance mode, due severe lack of time on my part.

Is it being actively developed?
I'm always accepting patches.

It appears as if there are only two guys working on it?
Because we are the only people willing to wade through a *lot* of legacy code.
Some of it is even ours. (Well, mine.)

When is the next release?
When there are enough changes and bug fixes to justify it. Or, at least, I figure out  the stalled server issue.

What would be the best way I could help out with this project?
Grab an issue (https://code.google.com/p/js-test-driver/issues/list) and start hacking. At this point, onboarding really is trial by fire. Though, I think you would get a *lot* of happy folks if you can make https://code.google.com/p/js-test-driver/issues/detail?id=383&q=relative go away.  It works on Mac and Linux, for me at least. I lack the necessary Windows box.

-c