Inconsistency in a loadSource plugin

Bret Little

Oct 18, 2012, 5:26:23 PM10/18/12
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am using a loadSource plugin by acthp (https://gist.github.com/3557646). The plugin works great, other than when I connect a headless client (phantomjs), then the loadSource method is never called. I can verify that the plugin is registered with jstestdriver.pluginRegistrar, but the actual loadSource method is never called. The odd thing is, this only happens with phantom, if I attach a normal client everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Sebastien Bardoux

Feb 23, 2013, 12:28:39 PM2/23/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
I'm also facing this issue, what I found so far is that phantomjs is loading the runner with
http://localhost:9876/slave/page/RUNNER/id/1361639582096/mode/quirks/upload_size/50/refresh/1361639851300/load_type/preload/testcase_id/default
while regular browser would load the runner with
http://localhost:9876/slave/page/RUNNER/id/1361640080756/mode/quirks/upload_size/50/refresh/1361640085663/load_type/load

The preload html content list all the scripts listed staticaly in the html while the load html content only list the runner and let jstestdriver runner code dynamically load the scripts via loadSource.
I haven't figure out yet why phantomjs get preload instead of load, remote debugging into phantomjs, seem to show that jstestdriver server is sending the preload command but that's as far I could get.