Totally confused by Eclipse Plugin

Alan Chandler

Jan 4, 2013, 3:44:31 PM1/4/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get myself setup to use the jsTestDriver in Eclipse.  From the wiki it seemed that everything was automated so I added the site suggested to my site list, and installed as per instructions. I haven't done anything else (yet)

I now have a jsTestDriver view and I can start up and capture the two browsers I have installed on my system (iceweasel and chrome).

Now the bit I am confused about.  Running tests.

It seems as through I have to configure the test runner part of jsTestDriver. I think I do this by setting up a "Run Configurations..." from the Run menu in eclipse.  From here I can create a new jsTestDriver configuration, but that is about as far as I can get.  I can choose which project to associate this configuration with, but the Conf File: box - I can type things into it, but that doesn't allow me to save anything with it.  The drop down button to select something is greyed out.

I need to associate a configuration file because the layout of the project and the various other adapters etc (Jasmine) I want to load.

The wiki is also strangely silent on this issue - can someone please lead me through this bit.

Ruben Oliveira

Feb 7, 2013, 5:14:59 AM2/7/13
to js-test...@googlegroups.com, al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk
I use it on maven projects, and the conf file is visible on the drop down...

If you don't see it there, the problem may be on your project... I'm sorry but I have no idea what could be the problem. But try to write an absolute path to your conf file.