Helpless beginner... hopefully an easy question!

Melinda Stelzer Jacobson

Jun 18, 2015, 12:45:53 PM6/18/15
to js-test...@googlegroups.com

I'm hoping someone can give me a hint to get me over being stuck learning to use JSTestDriver.  I typed in the examples from the book Test-Driven Javascript Development by Christian Johansen.  One of my tests is failing.

What I don't understand is, JSTestDriver is not printing out a message when it fails.  I get "null" - see output below.

Any ideas why this is?  Even when I specify a message as a static string for the first parameter in the Assert, I still get null. :(

C:\Users\t_stelm\Documents\JS-TDD>java -jar %JSTESTDRIVER_HOME%\JSTestDriver-1.2.1.jar --tests all --reset --captureConsole

Chrome: Runner reset.

......F

Total 7 tests (Passed: 6; Fails: 1; Errors: 0) (10.00 ms)

  Chrome 43.0.2357.81 Windows: Run 7 tests (Passed: 6; Fails: 1; Errors 0) (10.00 ms)

    strftimeTest.test %F should act as %Y-%m-%d failed (0.00 ms):

null

com.google.jstestdriver.FailureException

        at com.google.jstestdriver.FailureCheckerAction.run(Unknown Source)

        at com.google.jstestdriver.ActionRunner.runActions(Unknown Source)

        at com.google.jstestdriver.JsTestDriverServer.main(Unknown Source)

C:\Users\t_stelm\Documents\JS-TDD>

Thank you for any help you can provide...

Melinda Jacobson

rosscocomail

Nov 15, 2016, 11:08:45 AM11/15/16
to JsTestDriver
Hi Melinda

I've just encountered this exact problem myself and can't find an answer.  Did you fix this problem since then?

Fritz

Nov 16, 2016, 7:12:27 AM11/16/16
to JsTestDriver
Guys don't waste your time with JsTestDriver.. it's old, unsopported technology, as good as dead. There are several modern alternatives in JS land these days.

Fritz