Making Prettify syntax highlighting accessible

Michael Liu

Mar 4, 2017, 12:49:52 AM3/4/17
to js-code-prettifier
Visually impaired users cannot rely on the color highlighting to distinguish the syntax that has been highlighted in the code. For those users who can't rely on colors, adding assistive text or aria attributes would improve the overall user experience and make it more accessibility.

Mike Samuel

Mar 4, 2017, 12:59:42 AM3/4/17
to js-code-prettifier
Could a similar affect be achieved via the voice- and cue- CSS properties?  I'd be happy to include such in the default stylesheet but I'm not clear on how aria HTML attributes map to code styling since I was under the impression that aria was focused on the accessibility of interactive content.