Mocha Coffee

Michael Maxey

Mar 9, 2012, 12:25:57 AM3/9/12
to jr...@googlegroups.com
When I first started studying the global coffee market I discovered that while Arabica coffee probably originated in Ethiopia, it was Yemen, the southern Arabia peninsula, where it was first cultivated.  The first major exports were from a port -- Mocha.

Looks like I may get to see Yemen first hand.

I'm not sure how many people remember the posts I made before on JRHS regarding Andrew Triplett.  It was in 2007, the early days of the JRHS Group that I wrote about him.  He was a young enlisted sailor from Neshoba County Mississippi who worked his way up to the rank of ensign.  He was a role model and a symbol of the future of Mississippi and the country.  He was killed in the Al Qaeda attack on the US Cole.  Any work I do in Yemen will be dedicated Andrew Triplett's memory.

Michael Maxey
JRHS 1970

Bobby

Mar 11, 2012, 10:56:28 PM3/11/12
to jr...@googlegroups.com
Mike,
Will you be working in Yemen after Israel?
Bob