Mike! The New Google Group?

Joy

Mar 2, 2012, 10:12:30 PM3/2/12
to John Rundle High School
Mike,
I feel as though we are fading. I see "Switch to the new Google
Groups" at the top of the webpage. I understand that Facebook is
better. However, we have a great deal of information stored here.
I think you told me that you have saved this information.
Today, I moderated 9 spam messages.
I pray that you are well and safe.
Joy

Michael Maxey

Mar 3, 2012, 12:43:24 AM3/3/12
to jr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joy,

I'm doing fine just really busy as we wrap things up here in Israel.  I will try to focus on the Google Group to keep things moving.  Most people now seem to be on the Facebook Group.  You are right that we have some great posts on the Google Group that need to be preserved.  There are some great stories there.  I have all the original files that were attached to the Group before Google took them down.  I will think about this,

I hope all is well with you.  I plan to visit Mississippi in July or August.  I have an idea for setting up a non-profit to help people connect with services (public and private) for help and to also look at ways to promote economic development.  I plan to meet with the folks at the Social Science Research Center at Mississippi State.  I will come by for a visit when I there.

Take care,

Mike

Joy

Michael Maxey

Joy

Mar 3, 2012, 7:49:30 AM3/3/12
to John Rundle High School
Thinking about your reply, Mike, early this March morning in North
Mississippi.
I just left the Gore Springs Google Group before I came here.
The JRHS Google Group served its purpose, and you are to be commended
for holding us together and guiding us to Facebook.
I have really enjoyed being a part of the JRHS Facebook.
I encourage others to join this group on Facebook.
Robert Alexander and Mel Corley among others have posted interesting
articles recently on JRHS Facebook.
This is good.
I look forward to seeing you, Mike, this summer.
Let me know a day or two in advance of your visit, and I will "bake a
cake".
And, I would like to meet you for lunch at the 333 Restaurant in
Grenada, my treat.
Joy

On Mar 2, 11:43 pm, Michael Maxey <maxeycof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joy,
>
> I'm doing fine just really busy as we wrap things up here in Israel.  I
> will try to focus on the Google Group to keep things moving.  Most people
> now seem to be on the Facebook Group.  You are right that we have some
> great posts on the Google Group that need to be preserved.  There are some
> great stories there.  I have all the original files that were attached to
> the Group before Google took them down.  I will think about this,
>
> I hope all is well with you.  I plan to visit Mississippi in July or
> August.  I have an idea for setting up a non-profit to help people connect
> with services (public and private) for help and to also look at ways to
> promote economic development.  I plan to meet with the folks at the Social
> Science Research Center at Mississippi State.  I will come by for a visit
> when I there.
>
> Take care,
>
> Mike
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Joy <jmtip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mike,
> > I feel as though we are fading.  I see "Switch to the new Google
> > Groups" at the top of the webpage.  I understand that Facebook is
> > better.  However, we have a great deal of information stored here.
> > I think you told me that you have saved this information.
> > Today, I moderated 9 spam messages.
> > I pray that you are well and safe.
> > Joy
>
> > --
>
> --
> Michael Maxey

charles latham

Mar 3, 2012, 9:16:18 AM3/3/12
to jr...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I pray that this email finds you and your families in good health and spirits. I'm writing to inform you that I am a candidate for Mayor of Grenada, MS. and I'm asking for your prayers and support. I am not a career politician and this is the first elected office I've sought. Please allow me to tell you how I've come to this decision.

Some of you may recall that back in 2003, Mary J. Boeteler posted a comment about the civil rights movement in Grenada. I responded with a post that Mike was kind enough to re-post under 'Civil Rights" on the old John Rundle site. I stated in my commentary that I was retiring from DOD and moving back to Grenada, and that I wanted to make a difference in our community as far as race relations were concerned. We are all God's children, after all. I chose to join the Chamber of Commerce's Unity Committee which lead to me joining Mission Mississippi. Both group's mission is to promote reconciliation by unifying people across racial and denominational lines. This experience has given me the opportunity to meet and work with a group of extraordinary people in Grenada who are ready to see our city, state and country move to a point where people are judged by their character and not their skin color or religious denomination.
I have a vision of a unified community. I have seen Grenada miss opportunities for economic growth due to racial division on our city council. As mayor, I will continue working to change the perception of Grenada by outsiders and working with local business and civic leaders to develop plans on how we can move city forward together.

Please visit my website at www.votecharleslatham.com to learn more about me, my family, what I am doing in Greanda and what I plan to do once I'm elected mayor.

Thank you and may God continue to Bless you all.

Charles

PS Mike I'm not on the FB Group, could re-post on there for me, thanks!