Ken Shaw

Michael Maxey

Sep 10, 2013, 11:26:32 PM9/10/13
to jr...@googlegroups.com
Joy Marter Tippit posted an update on the JRHS Facebook page last week regarding Ken Shaw (see JRHS Facebook Group).  Ken is doing better but still has a long way to go.  He was suffering from acute respiratory failure and on an aspirator in the intensive care unit.

You can send Ken a note at the following address:

Central Mississippi Medical Center
Ken Shaw, Room 2246
1850 Chadwick Dr.
 Jackson, MS 39204

Ken was a gracious person when we were in high school, very personable.  I remember reading an article in a Jackson newspaper (Clarion Ledger?) about Ken's encounter with the Lord.  This was in 1980s, I think. The health issues I read about among our classmates just brings home how tenuous this life is.  I have talked to my youngest about life and death and I know he worries that I will not be here one day.  I tell him that everything I have, good and bad, is going to him now.  I wrote to someone that I still have these conversations with my mother when I am facing an issue.  I can still hear her.  That's what I believe we leave our kids -- that voice in their head on what's right and what's not.  My memory of Ken is of a person who was very popular yet took time to connect with me and others.  He is a good man and he is in my prayers.

Michael Maxey
JRHS1970