EventTarget.on

Jake Verbaten

Nov 20, 2011, 12:17:52 PM11/20/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
jQuery has .on

node's EventEmitter has .on

It's a simple macro for .addEventListener

If we want to suggest EventTarget.on as a method to WHATWG how would we go about doing this?

Paul Irish

Nov 20, 2011, 5:47:50 PM11/20/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey Raynos. good call.

Anne suggested www...@w3.org as a good location for that conversation. This kinda ties into the Improving the Dom thread that you're already on there.. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2011OctDec/thread.html#msg183

There have also been some discussions around bubbling and how plenty of folks don't see that as a best default for new events. Meanwhile web developers all rely on delegation. As a solution, an opt-in to using this binding for delegation was proposed. That could also tie into this eventTarget.on() API