Announcing the team!

Paul Irish

Oct 24, 2011, 6:38:12 PM10/24/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone!

We just published the announcement of the team: http://blog.jquery.com/2011/10/24/announcing-the-jquery-standards-team/
Give it a read through if you haven't yet and you're curious.

Also the readme on our github repo has some more useful info:

We're using the github issues repo to track items. https://github.com/jquery/standards/issues
We certainly welcome help in the tracker. Instructions on triaging in the repo readme.

A little bit ago Yehuda and I asked Twitter what would help them to build better stuff on the web. We triaged all the responses and published them here:
Some great ideas, some of which are not being addressed by the standards process right now. Others are currently in flight.

If you're interested in keeping up with the current edge of standards development, there are a few lists I'd recommend you check out:
Also.. relatedly, a few months back John Resig did a talk for some W3C representatives including ideas for what jQuery could benefit from: http://www.slideshare.net/jeresig/jquery-and-the-w3c

Yehuda and I will be presenting to W3C Standards Group members at the upcoming TPAC on November 2nd:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2011 -- delivering a lot of the information that's currently captured at the repo, in john's slides, and my blog post.

Anyhow, thank for joining the group here! First up, if you have worked extensively with querySelectorAll, there's a discussion on the table at the whatwg about how to make scoped queries work better. It could use some developer feedback. Thread starts here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0277.html

Cheers
Paul
Message has been deleted

Thomas Davis

Oct 24, 2011, 7:41:38 PM10/24/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, looking forward to pushing forwards with some of the caveats of single page applications with a strong focus on DOM manipulation.

Ido Green

Oct 25, 2011, 3:12:12 AM10/25/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!!

Jon Humphrey

Oct 25, 2011, 4:18:44 AM10/25/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone already here for all the hard work making things better for web developers around the world, let's keep the ball rolling and make even more so through this group!

T.J. Crowder

Oct 25, 2011, 5:02:06 AM10/25/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
Great idea, and a great team to run it. Good on you! Hope it goes well,
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Engineer

Paul Irish

Nov 1, 2011, 1:23:47 AM11/1/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
(reposting the initial announcement. sorry. blame it on a google groups snafu. and me.)

---