Mime type check (validation)

David M

May 11, 2020, 9:14:44 AM5/11/20
to jQuery-File-Upload
Hello,

I have implemented jQuery-File-Upload in file2link: https://framagit.org/kepon/file2link (demo: http://dl.zici.fr/) thanks for your work!

I'm looking to implement validation by "mime type". it seems to me more flexible / secure than a verification by file extraction (example if I ban videos it is simple to rename a toto.mpg video to toot.jpeg for the upload ... with a verification by mime that will be more complicated ...)

I would like the mime to be checked when added, before sending (to save bandwidth ...)

I tried several things without success fileuploadadded / added ... I must not succeed in finding the right syntax so that the error appears correctly ... (I am not really after a crack in javascript)

Do you have a lead for me?

Thanks in advance,
David