[VOTE] Re-elect Anne-Gaele Colom to the jQuery Foundation Board of Directors

Dave Methvin

Jun 24, 2016, 12:48:37 PM6/24/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
This is a vote to re-elect Anne-Gaele Colom to the Board, with a term ending June 24 2017.

There are currently nine jQuery Foundation board members. Anne is excused from voting as she is ineligible to vote for herself. This vote will pass if there are five or more votes in the affirmative.

Mike Sherov

Jun 24, 2016, 1:00:35 PM6/24/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
+1

--

---

Mike Sherov

Dave Methvin

Jun 24, 2016, 1:08:44 PM6/24/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
+1

michael Peachey

Jun 24, 2016, 1:51:36 PM6/24/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
+1

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 10:08 AM Dave Methvin <dave.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

Alex Sexton

Jun 24, 2016, 2:05:41 PM6/24/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
+1

Dylan Schiemann

Jun 24, 2016, 7:43:14 PM6/24/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
I vote +1 for Anne.

As noted elsewhere, I do think the board still has these challenges:

* The foundation board has struggled to be effective
* The board in general is not listening to, acting on, or proceeding
quickly enough with the feedback that has been provided to it by some
members of the board
* Commitments made at one board meeting are not followed through at the
next meeting, or are further delayed for reasons I do not agree with
* It seems odd to me that the board votes for its own members. I believe
the board should be elected by a mix of the project team members and
foundation members, so if I have my choice, I would suggest that we
elect a new board through a more democratic process

That said, I don't believe that Anne is the cause of any of these
challenges based on my time on the board, and I believe her help is
greatly needed by the foundation and board. And I believe a more
democratic process would re-elect her.

Regards,
-Dylan

on 6/24/16, 11:05 (GMT-07:00) Alex Sexton said the following:
> +1
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:51 PM michael Peachey <m...@peachey.com
> <mailto:m...@peachey.com>> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 10:08 AM Dave Methvin
> <dave.m...@gmail.com <mailto:dave.m...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> --
>
> ---
> it, send an email to
> jquery-board-pu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:jquery-board-pu...@googlegroups.com>.
>
> --
>
> ---
>
> --
>
> ---

Dylan Schiemann
https://sitepen.com/

Andy Smith

Jun 25, 2016, 3:29:28 AM6/25/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
+1

Gabriel Schulhof

Jun 26, 2016, 11:04:16 PM6/26/16
to jQuery Board (Public)
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 7:48:37 PM UTC+3, Dave Methvin wrote:
> This is a vote to re-elect Anne-Gaele Colom to the Board, with a term ending June 24 2017.
>

> There are currently nine jQuery Foundation board members. Anne is excused from voting as she is ineligible to vote for herself. This vote will pass if there are five or more votes in the affirmative.

+1

Dave Methvin

Jun 27, 2016, 5:05:13 PM6/27/16
to jquery-bo...@googlegroups.com
Voting is closed. With seven votes in the affirmative, this vote passes.

+1