jQuery IU Tabs do not degrades gracefully

vignus

Oct 20, 2009, 7:47:31 PM10/20/09
to jQuery Accessibility
Hi, I am looking for a smooth elegant solution for a jquery tabs, that
should works fine with JS disabled too. In the presentation of the
jQuery UI Tabs I can read: "Obviously this degrades gracefully - the
links, e.g. the content, will still be accessible with JavaScript
disabled. ".

Ok, I have tried to view this page with JS disabled:
http://jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/default.html
The result is not so interesting, because the content is no more
visible and the menu tabs are listed in vertical and no more in
horizontal (ok, is just a css problem this one).

Can anyone explain me how should I implement jQuery UI Tabs to be able
to have the menu/conten even when JS is disabled?
Thx
Mauro

Felix Nagel

Oct 24, 2009, 5:56:50 AM10/24/09
to jQuery Accessibility
Hey Mauro,

this is only possible with css. So it could be complitcated to do so
if it should work in all browsers (e.g. IE6 ;-)

Take a look ath StuNichols: http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/one_page#nogo
He's an css superhero ^^

sincerly Felix