Trying to use current version

Dan Blum

Jul 5, 2014, 4:30:29 PM7/5/14
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
Since I am new to using jQTouch (and mobile development in general) I thought that before I started building anything I would get the sample code from Jonathan Stark's iPhone book running with the current version (using Zepto). I am trying to convert the code from chapter 4 and am running into two problems:

1. Safari reports an error in jqt.js, on line 140:

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'this.tapHandlers.concat')

Since this doesn't involve Stark's files at all I am not seeing what would be wrong.

2. It is not clear to me how the old way of doing themes converts to the new way. The old code loaded a basic jqtouch.css and then a theme.css; replacing these with the new jqtouch.css does not work (I get a black screen). I took a look at the JQTouch demo, which works fine, but if it's doing anything this code isn't, I can't see what.

If anyone has a pointer to any other guides to using jQTouch I'd be happy to use them instead of Stark's book, but since I have already read it and it is recommended on the jQTouch wiki, it would be nice if I could use it with the current version.

Dan Blum

Jul 5, 2014, 6:06:43 PM7/5/14
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
For problem 1, Safari appears to not like the back-selector tapHandler - if I delete that, the error goes away. However, I cannot see anything odd about it.