date picker for jQTouch?

jakob.j

Feb 6, 2010, 9:51:12 AM2/6/10
to jQTouch
Hi!

In my current project, I have a form where the user should enter a
date. Currently, I'm using this script:
http://cubiq.org/spinning-wheel-on-webkit-for-iphone-ipod-touch/11
which is nifty looking, but it's hard to integrate fluently into the
form.

So I'm wondering, are you planning to include something like this into
jQTouch? Or is there someone here that has done the same thing and has
some advice?

jonathanstark

Feb 6, 2010, 5:55:14 PM2/6/10
to jQTouch
Hi J -

I am slowly making progress on a date picker extension for jqt. I'll
be sure to post to the list once it's ready for prime time.

Best,

vikas

Feb 8, 2010, 12:30:22 AM2/8/10
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
well guys i am also working on that...can u guys help me out...

vikas

Feb 9, 2010, 5:40:15 AM2/9/10
to jQTouch
Hello friends the datapicker for jqtouch is not working..the problem
is body>*display:none; is making the datapicker invisible.onclick
event is working but the datapicker is not displaying.
pls help me guys.

Nimbus Software

Feb 9, 2010, 12:22:57 PM2/9/10
to jQTouch
Code samples would help us help you.

Abe

Feb 13, 2010, 7:05:14 PM2/13/10
to jQTouch
Someone just needs to sit down and go through all the conflicting
styles and redefine them in scrollwheel.css
Just wondering if anyone did it. A quick hack is disabling jqtouch.css
and theme.css with js when SW pops up and reenabling them but then
rest of the page looks ugly (SW looks good though).

Nimbus Software

Feb 13, 2010, 7:19:41 PM2/13/10
to jQTouch
I've been using SpinningWheel sucessfully. Comment #75...
http://cubiq.org/spinning-wheel-on-webkit-for-iphone-ipod-touch/11#comment-9965
...has the CSS modifications to spinningwheel.css you'll need for the
object. To test it out you will have to use the simulator, iPod touch
or an iPhone. It won't spin and the buttons are non-responsive in
Safari and Coda. I've got a question for the group about events, but
I'll post a new question for that.
djp

David Janello

May 6, 2013, 6:44:31 PM5/6/13
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
Any progress with the jqt date picker extension?'

I don't want to use the spinning wheel plugin, is there a minimalist alternative that integrates with jqtouch?

Thanks !

Chris C

May 6, 2013, 7:31:48 PM5/6/13
to jqt...@googlegroups.com

Bruno Alexandre

May 7, 2013, 1:52:32 AM5/7/13
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
Please, do your self a huge favor and STOP use w3schools website

Chris C

May 7, 2013, 12:19:09 PM5/7/13
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
OK. Forget the reference to W3schools but I still use the HTML 5 date picker in jqTouch apps.

W3schools is like the internet.  A little good information that needs to be backed up by facts elsewhere.