LUNA Safenet HSM key generation Null response

Babatunde Oyenekan

Dec 30, 2022, 7:17:42 AM12/30/22
to jPOS Users

I was given the HSM IP and port number and I can connect successfully to it , I was as well given two key components 1 : 3CDDE1CC6FDD225C9A8BC3EB065509A6 and Comp 2: 00000000000000000000000000000000 . What I want to do is generate new keys for a terminal (Session key, master key and Pin key) . I passed the component 1 and its index to the method that fires the key generation commands EE0402 but I get a null response . Is there something I am doing wrong ? Do I need to get the bytes value of component 1 before passing it as a parameter ? I'll appreciate any heads up or suggestions . Thanks

Compliments of the season to everyone .

Alwyn Schoeman

Dec 30, 2022, 12:12:53 PM12/30/22
to jPOS Users
Ask whoever gave you the information for their Thales support contact information?

On Fri, Dec 30, 2022, 7:17 AM Babatunde Oyenekan <babsd1st...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was given the HSM IP and port number and I can connect successfully to it , I was as well given two key components 1 : 3CDDE1CC6FDD225C9A8BC3EB065509A6 and Comp 2: 00000000000000000000000000000000 . What I want to do is generate new keys for a terminal (Session key, master key and Pin key) . I passed the component 1 and its index to the method that fires the key generation commands EE0402 but I get a null response . Is there something I am doing wrong ? Do I need to get the bytes value of component 1 before passing it as a parameter ? I'll appreciate any heads up or suggestions . Thanks

Compliments of the season to everyone .

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---

Babatunde Oyenekan

Dec 30, 2022, 3:30:21 PM12/30/22
to jPOS Users
Issue fixed , was not adding the right key index number.