Making jpos client alive everytime

Madan KC

May 13, 2024, 8:57:01 AMMay 13
to jPOS Users
I have to restart the code everyday to connect to the server due to timeout.  Is there any way we can dynamically do echo testing so the system will be alive.

Alejandro Revilla

May 13, 2024, 9:36:19 AMMay 13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
That's what the ChannelAdaptor component does. It reconnects automatically.

Are you using it?

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 9:57 AM Madan KC <madan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have to restart the code everyday to connect to the server due to timeout.  Is there any way we can dynamically do echo testing so the system will be alive.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---

Andrés Alcarraz

May 13, 2024, 9:48:12 AMMay 13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com

It highly depends on your implementation, by default the jPOS channel adaptor will autoreconnect, so restarting it wouldn’t be needed, so I wonder, how’s your setup?

Anyway, you still don’t want to be reconnecting, so you need echoes, for that you can use a LogonManager.

Andrés Alcarraz
On 13/5/24 07:57, Madan KC wrote:
I have to restart the code everyday to connect to the server due to timeout.  Is there any way we can dynamically do echo testing so the system will be alive.
Message has been deleted

Mark Salter

May 19, 2024, 6:13:01 AMMay 19
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com

The question is what is VTS doing.

That is providing the ticket your Channel connects to.

Do you have anything responding to 0800 from VTS not shown, you will need something otherwise, and perhaps to produce 0800 into VTS too, check its documented needs and status when things 'stop working'.

--
Mark

Sent from Proton Mail Android

May 20, 2024, 12:19:29 AMMay 20
to jPOS Users

Either you know its working or it isn't.
If your VTS sends messages your jpos app should be able to receive and parse the message and match fields and data to what was sent.
If you are sending messages to VTS your VTS can validate if it's received the message you sent and match the content.

You can always use wireshark like utility to sniff the tcp traffic.
Or write a custom channel that dumps data it receives and sends in hex.
VTS will have its own log of hexdumps.

The channel you are using appears to be correct.
In VTS make sure to add the 2 byte length header config, I don't recall where it is as I haven't used the sim in ages.

-chhil

Madan KC

May 21, 2024, 3:58:39 AMMay 21
to jPOS Users
Thank you mark salter, chhil,  Alejandro Revilla and  Andrés Alcarraz for the response. The problem was fixed.

Mark Salter

May 21, 2024, 4:03:47 AMMay 21
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
On 21/05/2024 08:58, Madan KC wrote:
The problem was fixed.
What was the problem?
signature.asc

Chandrasekhar Rout

May 21, 2024, 4:20:57 AMMay 21
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Send echo message using  scheduler to keep alive server.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---

Mark Salter

May 21, 2024, 4:33:46 AMMay 21
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
On 21/05/2024 09:20, Chandrasekhar Rout wrote:
> Send echo message using scheduler to keep alive server.

Ok, thanks for sharing that detail, so it was VTS and not jPos giving up
on the conversation.

signature.asc