Receiving message with dynamic header length

Santosh Bastola

Sep 9, 2022, 3:08:05 PM9/9/22
to jPOS Users
I need to receive an Iso message with dynamic header length. Basically the total header length comes in the header itself. I tried to read header length like this but this function never gets called.
image_2022_09_09T13_34_03_462Z.png

Alejandro Revilla

Sep 9, 2022, 6:53:18 PM9/9/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at BASE1Header that does something like that (rejected headers are larger than regular ones).

Cloud Traveller

Sep 12, 2022, 10:41:33 AM9/12/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
What are the best testing tools available currently in the market to test these transactions?
Thanks

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 3:08 PM Santosh Bastola <bastol...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to receive an Iso message with dynamic header length. Basically the total header length comes in the header itself. I tried to read header length like this but this function never gets called.
image_2022_09_09T13_34_03_462Z.png

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---

Alejandro Revilla

Sep 12, 2022, 1:11:44 PM9/12/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
We have a fun story with a local large bank (largest in my country). They bought an expensive testing tool that couldn't load jPOS beyond 455 TPS. That was 10 times larger than the load the customer wanted, so they were happy, but we weren't, so we used the jPOS client simulator, and drove that very same system to 4400 TPS. Image from the report is unfortunately in Spanish.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 12.24.56 .png
So despite my bias of course, if you ask me what's the best tool to test these kinds of systems, I have to suggest jPOS.

I understand there's some third party SOAPUI ISO8583 that uses jPOS and I believe works pretty well. Didn't use it myself.