How to connect to Remote Host with each terminal having its own connection

cap10mycap10

May 13, 2024, 10:38:10 AMMay 13
to jPOS Users
Hello everyone

I have a scenario where terminals can be added on the fly and each has to have its own connect to the same remote host eg: IP 199.99.199.99:9999.  Each terminal needs to do its own logon and also send echo messages to keep its connection alive.  Anyone who has done such a configuration or ideas on how to go about it.

Alejandro Revilla

May 13, 2024, 6:20:54 PMMay 13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
You can handle many simultaneous connections using QServer. In jPOS 2, each connection consumes a platform thread, so you have some limits (say 10000 simultaneous terminals).

In jPOS 3, we use VirtualThreads, and the limit is only imposed by the operating system and your network setup. Beware with NAT configuration that may limit the client-side port numbers.

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 11:38 AM cap10mycap10 <taka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone

I have a scenario where terminals can be added on the fly and each has to have its own connect to the same remote host eg: IP 199.99.199.99:9999.  Each terminal needs to do its own logon and also send echo messages to keep its connection alive.  Anyone who has done such a configuration or ideas on how to go about it.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---