QueryHost high times

David Gitar

Apr 25, 2024, 5:42:38 PMApr 25
to jPOS Users

Hello JPOS friends.

I have a problem with high transaction response times in a test environment. I send the transactions through jmeter, I send 50/second and I have times of 20,000 milliseconds. The JPOS queryHost participant is where the high times are generated. Maybe you have an idea on how to solve this

prepare:   o.j.t.p.SelectDestination [0.2/16.4]
 prepare:  o.j.t.p.QueryHost [15005.5/15017.2]
 prepare: o.j.t.p.SendResponse [0.0/15017.2]
 commit: o.j.t.p.SendResponse [1.0/15018.3

Alejandro Revilla

Apr 25, 2024, 6:02:09 PMApr 25
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
That 15 seconds timeout suggests the remote host is not answering your request. What happens here is that you are testing a remote host using jPOS. The one that can't manage the load is not jPOS, it's the remote endpoint. With a lightweight jPOS gateway like the one you seem to be using, you can easily deal with 4000~5000 TPS.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---

Barzilai Spinak

Apr 25, 2024, 6:57:47 PMApr 25
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Another possibility is that the jmeter test is sending fixed STAN&TID, so that most those 50/second transacionts are getting a duplicate in the  outgoing mux and queryhost is failing because of that.

Since David is not sharing his setup nor any kind of useful log output, we can't tell.

--
@apr

On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 6:42 PM David Gitar <diego...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello JPOS friends.

I have a problem with high transaction response times in a test environment. I send the transactions through jmeter, I send 50/second and I have times of 20,000 milliseconds. The JPOS queryHost participant is where the high times are generated. Maybe you have an idea on how to solve this

prepare:   o.j.t.p.SelectDestination [0.2/16.4]
 prepare:  o.j.t.p.QueryHost [15005.5/15017.2]
 prepare: o.j.t.p.SendResponse [0.0/15017.2]
 commit: o.j.t.p.SendResponse [1.0/15018.3

--
Barzilai Spinak - Senior Developer & jPOS Evangelist | Transactility, Inc. | Montevideo, Uruguay | e: bar...@transactility.com

murtuza chhil

Apr 26, 2024, 6:18:23 AMApr 26
to jPOS Users
When you configure your queryhost participant, you set a property for timeout.
This is the mux timeout.
mux sends the request and waits for a response within that timeout period.
If your timeout period is large and that participant is waiting for a response for that long, its blocking the session in your txn mgr thus reducing the TPS.

Make sure your timeout is configured based on your SLA and that the entity responding responds within that period.
Also make sure you have sufficient txn mgr threads/sessions configured, a slow response will still not help but you would need to tune the value correctly.

-chhil

Alejandro Revilla

Apr 26, 2024, 6:43:40 AMApr 26
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Good point Chhil, but depending on how QueryHost is configured, you can use continuations. In that situation, jPOS (2) parks the context and the session is ready to process other messages.