Q2.bat as a windows service

John Erick Mendez

Mar 30, 2023, 6:03:28 PM3/30/23
to jPOS Users
Hello all

I have a couple of services which to start normally I start using the file Q2.bat in bin folder, however when it starts opens a cmd window which can be closed o paused by mistake.

In order to avoid this kind of problems I want to run it as a service (in windows), anybody can suggest a way to achieve this.

Antes de imprimir piense en su responsabilidad y compromiso con el medio ambiente.Y por favor Conservemos la energía y el agua... No agotemos nuestro Planeta!!!

Alejandro Revilla

Mar 30, 2023, 6:08:27 PM3/30/23
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
John,

In the old days, there was a Windows 'wrapper' project that I remember using to run jPOS as a service. Nowadays, I'd run it as a docker instance (or seriously consider moving it to Unix). I see there's a NSSM (https://nssm.cc/) - the "Non-Sucking Service Manager" that perhaps can help, but I never used it. My last Windows was 1.0 that I loaded from diskettes :)

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org
---