ASIA Feat. John Payne @ A Taste of Colorado Festival, Downtown Denver, CO 09-02-2011

Gerardo (Crusader)

Sep 3, 2011, 11:05:37 AM9/3/11
to John Payne Music
Hi all,

Last night ASIA (fJP) put a fantastic show filled with lots of energy
both from the crowd in attendance and the band. I've got to commend
the Denver fans: they know their rock'n'roll and they were into it.
The show started half an hour late because there was rain and
lightning in the area, but that didn't stop the crowd's enthusiasm who
began shouting "ASIA, ASIA, ASIA". When the band took the stage, it
was with a take no prisoners attitute, ready to impress and rock the
Denver audience which, judging by what I saw, they succeeded mightily.

With a few shows now under his belt, new guitarist Bruce Bouillet put
his stamp and personality into the songs. He was outstanding all night
long, playing some fiery solos in some of the songs. John Payne stole
the show, I really liked his sitar playing (yes, he played the sitar!)
at the beginning of "Desire", and he had an acoustic guitar set in
which he played the 'ARIA' songs "Sad Situation", and "Don't Cut the
Wire", the latter dedicated to former 10cc member Andrew Gold who
passed away earlier this year (Andrew co-wrote the ASIA songs
"Wherever You Are", and "Ready to Go Home"). Because of the late
start, some songs could not be played from their usual setlist, they
being "Don't Cry", Different Worlds", and "Time Again".

Afterwards, at the meet 'n' greet I had the chance to buy two Bruce
Bouillet's solo cds and had the chance to meet in person and talk to
Jeri Unselt (ASIA's #1 fan), and Erik Nielsen (the web guy). Also I
brought along with me my sister and niece, and I took pictures of them
with John Payne and Erik Norlander. The fact that my niece said to me
that "John Payne is awesome and the coolest guy she's ever met" pretty
much summed up what a cool night last night was. Long live ASIA Feat.
John Payne!

Gerardo

Gerardo (Crusader)

Sep 3, 2011, 10:10:56 PM9/3/11
to John Payne Music
Hi all,

For the benefit of those who are not on Facebook, here's the link of
the photos I took from last night's show in Denver, CO:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233218130058144.56419.100001098771982&l=0a564af9b1&type=1

Let me know if it works.

Gerardo

John Sposato

Sep 3, 2011, 9:10:40 PM9/3/11
to jpm...@googlegroups.com
Glad everyone had a good time.  Just wish I were there to share in the magic. Thats OK if some OA songs had to be dropped.  Then there'd be more room for AFJP ones.  I asked if this one promoter would bring them to my area in Upstate NY.  It would have to be in a club or something as festival season is ending now.  If I had the money, I would have flown to Denver.  I know the new album still needs to be done.

John
NEW Zoner Photo Studio Free - is a free program for every step in the process
of managing, editing, and sharing pictures. --- freephotostudio.com

Bill Foucher

Sep 4, 2011, 11:00:16 AM9/4/11
to jpm...@googlegroups.com
Great photos, Gerardo!
Thanks very much for sharing!
-Bill

----- Gerardo (Crusader) <bur...@ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For the benefit of those who are not on Facebook, here's the link of
> the photos I took from last night's show in Denver, CO:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233218130058144.56419.100001098771982&l=0a564af9b1&type=1
>
> Let me know if it works.
>
> Gerardo

Gerardo (Crusader)

Sep 4, 2011, 5:04:42 PM9/4/11
to John Payne Music
You're welcome, Bill!

I forgot to post the setlist in my review, so here it goes (note that
the setlist was shortened a bit and altered slightly because of the
late start):

1-Long Way From Home
2-Only Time Will Tell
3-Who Will Stop the Rain
4-Silent Nation
5-Days Like These
6-Desire
7-Erik Norlander's keyboard solo (including Neurosaur and Jay
Schellen's drum solo)
8-Go
9-John Payne acoustic guitar solo: Sad Situation, Don't Cut the Wire
10-Military Man
11-Heat of the Moment
Encore: 12-Sole Survivor

Gerardo