Congratulations Guthrie Govan!

1 view

Erik Nielsen || DEVGEL

Jun 13, 2011, 6:37:12 PM6/13/11
to John Payne Music

http://www.theASIAband.com/congratulations-guthrie-govan/

We’re happy for our friend Guthrie Govan, on the cover Guitar Player magazine (July 2011 issue). Guthrie was the guitarist in Asia from 2001-2006, then with Asia Featuring John Payne until 2008. In 2006 he formed GPS along with John Payne and Jay Schellen, and remains a member of that group. Currently he is recording and touring with his prog-fusion trio Aristocrats.

“Well he’s way more than a shredder. I met Guthrie when he was teaching guitar at a school in Guildford in 2001. I knew immediately that he was an extreme talent. I asked him to play on Aura and then join Asia. His talent grew and grew. He is truly one of the best players on this planet! Way to go GG, you deserve it.” -John Payne

“Congratulations on an achievement well deserved!”
-Erik Norlander

Wally

Jun 14, 2011, 8:58:27 PM6/14/11
to John Payne Music
As a big Fan.......CONGRATULATIONS GUTHRIE!!!!! Woo Hoo!!

John Sposato

Jun 14, 2011, 10:28:02 PM6/14/11
to jpm...@googlegroups.com
Guthrie may be the best shredder since Yngwie Malmsteen, though Guth makes shredding his own.
Miss him in AFJP, but we all know why hes not there anymore, though hes still in GPS so next year at this rate should be a new studio album I hear.  He can stand out on his own.  I did have a listen to Erotic Cakes and he showcases his style there.
NEW Zoner Photo Studio Free - is a free program for every step in the process
of managing, editing, and sharing pictures. --- freephotostudio.com