Safari issues

disco

Jan 11, 2011, 6:03:54 PM1/11/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
I've got JPlayer working great in every browser except Safari. For
some reason it just keeps displaying the buffering animation and will
only play the track if you click somewhere on the progress bar.

Site here - http://www.conquistador.net/

Any ideas?

Thanks

jmsuijkerbuijk

Jan 11, 2011, 6:31:38 PM1/11/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
I am having a similar (same?) problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/jplayer/browse_thread/thread/6dabecf04bb100a2
For now a solution is to add the solutions priority "flash,html" in
your player. Worked for me, at least.

disco

Jan 11, 2011, 6:36:16 PM1/11/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
Fixed it. I had used an app called Switch to encode the mp3s. Re-
encoded them with iTunes and it works perfectly.

On Jan 11, 3:31 pm, jmsuijkerbuijk <webmas...@jmsuijkerbuijk.com>
wrote:
> I am having a similar (same?) problem:http://groups.google.com/group/jplayer/browse_thread/thread/6dabecf04...

Méline

Jan 12, 2011, 4:17:05 AM1/12/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
I had the same problem, and reencoding my files with iTunes solved it
(they were encoded with Lame). Although the problem is solved, this is
really odd. Hope Apple will fix safari so it plays MP3 from whatever
encoder they come from !

Jon McLaughlin

Jan 12, 2011, 10:12:17 AM1/12/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I'll just add to the list of people recently hit with this problem.

My PowerPC G5 that has 10.5.8 and Safari 5.0.3 had no problem with my
Sound Grinder encoded MP3 files (uses LAME I believe).
My Intel MacBook that has 10.6.6 and Safari 5.0.3 had trouble playing
SOME of those same MP3 files, but not all of them. I believe this
started with the 10.6.6 upgrade, but it could be a little earlier than
that.

I used iTunes to encode again and all is fine. There were Javascript
errors being thrown, but I forgot to write them down :)

..jon

> --
> .

Jon McLaughlin