jPlayer for MP3 audio in fullscreen and autoplay

Lothar Kruse

Nov 8, 2013, 4:37:41 AM11/8/13
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I just found jPlayer and try to use ist.
I´m not experienced in using java script so I hope anyone can help.

I just want to creat a simple HTML file that automatically plays an mp3 file with jPlayer when the site is loaded.
Die HTML file should be loaded an smartphones with iOS und Android OS. So that is why the player should start in fullscreen mode, so that the user does not have to zoom.
I already realized to implement the jPlayer into my HTML file and to play it.
So I just need a tipp how I can realize to start jPlayer in fullscreen mode and to autoplay the audio file.
What code to I have to use and where must it be placed?

Maybe anyone can help me.
Thanks a lot!

Mark Panaghiston

Nov 8, 2013, 2:26:03 PM11/8/13
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Both your requests are not possible.

The automatic play on mobile devices has been disabled by the iOS and Android OS to avoid data charges. Otherwise it is easy for you to waste your bandwidth allowance when you did not even listen to the media. The user must click play, or a button that causes play to fire.

The automatic full screen is illegal on ALL browsers! Otherwise every criminal out there would try and get you password details out of you by making a mock up full screen of your windows login or bank login screen or load of other phishing possibilities that i am not evil enough to dream up.

The best you can do it... Like those annoying popups, when the user toughes the page - screen in mobile case - the play event is sent to the player.

And likewise, you can do similar with the full screen mode... When you capture the touch, send the play and tell jPlayer to go full screen.

This demo will drive you nuts while you read the instructions... I call it karma :P
http://jplayer.org/latest/quick-start-guide/example-audio-soundtrack/

See also:
http://jplayer.org/latest/developer-guide/#jPlayer-option
http://jplayer.org/latest/developer-guide/#jPlayer-option-fullScreen

I suggest that your mobile app has a big play button in the center of the screen.... Then they press it and it goes full screen and starts playing.

Ravindu Bimsara

Jul 22, 2019, 3:23:48 AM7/22/19
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
hello,
I have developed a live audio player for mobile devices(like a radio), which works perfect but I have one big issue. When a user is listening on a mobile browser and if a user gets a call playing stops, but after the call is hanged also player stays same without continue playing. If you can help me to fix this to start playing after call is hanged, that will be great help for me as my client is forcing me really hard regarding this issue. Please be kind to provide a answer asap.
Thanks in Advance
Bimsara.