Re: Embed Flash Player in Facebook Wall

Mark Panaghiston

Nov 8, 2012, 9:54:18 AM11/8/12
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Facebook has its own API for such things. Basically you add the metadata to the page and then the link is scrapped by FB and they add their own audio player to play it.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraphprotocol/

On Wednesday, 7 November 2012 21:04:35 UTC, Florian Klemt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have seen this come up here before but it wasn't answered so I'll bring it up again.
I want to be able to share tracks on Facebook so that an embedded Flash Player shows up on the Wall where you can play the track right there on the Facebook Wall. For that you have to have certain meta tags on the page that you share on facebook. One of those open graph tags is the url to the Flash player. But that url needs to take GET parameters to indicate which file the Flash player shall play. For example: http://www.example.com/js/Jplayer.swf?file=my_track.mp3.
That means the swf file needs to understand thesen GET parameters, right? Is that even possible for jPlayer??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Florian Klemt

Nov 14, 2012, 12:23:52 PM11/14/12
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Today I played around with the open graph tags for my website but when I share that link on my Facebook Wall no Player comes up automatically. I did some more research about this on Google and most people recommend using JW Player to play the mp3. Then the open graph tags should be set to playing a Flash video but the JW Player actually plays the mp3 file. Thats why my initial question was 'is there something similar within the jPlayer'???