Feat. req. - Different programs for viewing different file types

Polarbeer

Feb 16, 2012, 2:23:43 PM2/16/12
to JPhotoTagger Users English
Hi,

Well I emailed this feature request some time ago to Elmar and he told
me it is considered, if he just has time to implement it. So I just
though I would post it here also, so that other people (who would
happen to read this google group) don't email him with the same
request.

Request:

As now JPhotoTagger allows you to add several programs in "Open
Images" list of programs in Settings dialog. However only the first
one is used when double-clicking a thumbnail. It would be handy if
user could configure a preferred application for every single file
type when double clicked. Now you have to right-click over a thumbnail
and select you application from a pop-up menu. As we all know this is
time consuming if done a lot.

-pb

Elmar Baumann

Feb 18, 2012, 5:44:54 PM2/18/12
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com, Polarbeer
On 16.02.2012 20:23, Polarbeer wrote:
> Request [...]

Hi,

this feature will be available in version 0.19.0. The implementation is
already checked into the source code repository, the download will be
available approx. at sunday evening the 19.

Menu: Edit > Settings > Open Images, button "Default Programs".

Regards,
Elmar

--
http://www.elmar-baumann.de/fotografie/

James

Jan 24, 2013, 5:09:55 AM1/24/13
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com
Nice and useful feature! Two features for this would be even nicer:
  • If you can see the associated programs in the "edit default program" window.
  • If you can select multiple file extensions at the same time in this window
  • There is a really minor typo with v0.30.5-en in the "Select Program" window with "Coose" instead of "Choose".

Regards, James

Elmar Baumann

Jan 24, 2013, 3:54:04 PM1/24/13
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com