File Move freezes JPT

James

Jan 24, 2013, 4:59:19 AM1/24/13
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com
Whenever I move more than one file, it happens quite often that JPT is no longer responsive (crashing?). After terminating jawav.exe I can restart JPT with confirming the unlock message.
This occurs with v0.30.5 and Java 7.11. I tried both Java 32 and 64 bit with no difference.My system is Win7 64 bit.

Regards from James

Question: Is it better to post in the EN or the DE forum? I know both languages a little bit.

Elmar Baumann

Jan 24, 2013, 3:52:48 PM1/24/13
Am 24.01.2013 10:59, schrieb James:
> Whenever I move more than one file, it happens quite often that JPT is
> no longer responsive (crashing?). After terminating jawav.exe I can
> restart JPT with confirming the unlock message.
> This occurs with v0.30.5 and Java 7.11. I tried both Java 32 and 64 bit
> with no difference.My system is Win7 64 bit.

Hi James,

if such an error occurs, please send to me the log file
%USERPROFILE%\.de.elmar_baumann\ImageMetaDataViewer\jphototagger-log-all.txt

before restarting JPhotoTagger; every start will overwrite the log file
(if line wrapped: all has to be at the same line)

Add a description: How were files moved, the source and the target, e.g.
from thumbnails window to a folder in folders tab or to a folder
favorites tab or to an album in the albums tab or rearrangin the order
within an albumb; dragging with the mouse or using the keyboard (Cmd+X,
Cmd+V). Ideal: A reproducable test case step by step.

> Question: Is it better to post in the EN or the DE forum? I know both
> languages a little bit.

Use language, in which the GUI appears, to ensure that window titles or
button names e.g. are correct (a developer will "grep" for that in the
code).

Regards,
Elmar
--
http://www.elmar-baumann.de/fotografie/

JAmes

Jan 25, 2013, 5:04:03 AM1/25/13
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com
I was moving 6 selected jpg files from directory L:\_to-sort\fun\ to another directory L:\pic-fun\_to-sort. I do this by dragging the selected thumbnails and dropping them on the new target folder with mouse. All my files are read-only. For just a few files this move works, but I have impression the risk of freezing increases with increased file number.

You have to be carefull to get the right target folder when dropping, because the target folder is not highlighted (no mouse hover effect). But this is another topic.

I have attached the small log file "jphototagger-log-all_v2013-01-24.txt", but I do not know if this works. GoogleDocs looks very cumbersome for me.

Regards, James

Elmar Baumann

Jan 25, 2013, 2:16:54 PM1/25/13
Am 25.01.2013 11:04, JAmes wrote:
> You have to be carefull to get the right target folder when dropping,
> because the target folder is not highlighted (no mouse hover effect).
> But this is another topic.

Hi James,

in 0.30.7 I highlighted the folders while dragging.

> GoogleDocs looks very cumbersome for me.

I can't access them. Can you send me an e mail with attached files
(zipped, to save space)? I can't reproduce the bug, even with much
selected and write protected files.

Elmar Baumann

Feb 1, 2013, 6:01:01 PM2/1/13
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com, JAmes
Hi James,

I could reproduce the problem and fixed it in version 0.32.0 (if not
another cause exists).