How to delete Automatic Word Collection?

Polarbeer

Feb 25, 2012, 2:35:42 PM2/25/12
to JPhotoTagger Users English
Howdie,

I'm trying to learn to use JPT, and after some testing my "Automatic"
Word Collection (in Right Hand Pane under Edit-tab) shows many
keywords that I used during my first tests. Now I would like clean all
these automatically added words, that are mostly useless "mambo
jambo". Any way to do this easily without reinstalling JPT?

I deleted all keywords from the keywords tree, that is under Keywords-
tab in the Righ Hand Pane. I also did database Maintainance, where I
chose to "Delete unused keywords". These operations didn't seem to
have any effect on Automatic Word Collection.

Thanks for your help!

-pb

Elmar Baumann

Feb 25, 2012, 9:37:56 PM2/25/12
to jphototagger-...@googlegroups.com, Polarbeer
Hello Polarbeer,

the Automatic Word Collection is a dumb collection containing the last 9
Words added as keywords to images. A Click onto a word adds it to the
keywords. There is no other logik behind them.

If you don't want to use it, you can call "Edit > Settings >
Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous" and uncheck "Display word Collections
within edit register".

If you click on the "+" button right to the combo box "Automatic", you
can define own meaningful word collections fitting your needsd. Their
contents will be never changed automatically. You can edit your own word
collections, adding, removing and renaming words. You also can add less
or more than 9 words.

E.g. you can create a word collection "Trees" and adding as words "oak",
"beech tree", "birch tree" etc. If you tag images with trees, you can
choose that word collection and input fast tree names.

If you don't like this feature, disable word collections via settings.

Regards,
Elmar

--
http://www.elmar-baumann.de/fotografie/