Remove images from database

JAmes

Apr 20, 2020, 10:22:42 AM4/20/20
to JPhotoTagger Users English
How can I remove images from JPhotoTagger?
Not a deletion of image files, but remove from JPT and its database.

After some testing on different drives c:\, d:\ e:\ and p:\ finally I decided to use JPT only on one drive e:\.
In the "Folder" tab everything is ok, and I excluded all other drives also in the "Folder Tab" settings,
but in the "Keywords" tab some files from other drives like p:\ are still remaining and visible.
In the database maintenance menu I do not see something to clean this up. Do I miss something?
How can I please remove these files from other drives?

Thank you and kind regards

James

Elmar

Apr 20, 2020, 1:59:46 PM4/20/20
Am Montag, 20. April 2020 16:22:42 UTC+2 schrieb JAmes:
How can I remove images from JPhotoTagger?
Not a deletion of image files, but remove from JPT and its database.
  • Edit > Settings > 5. Exclude, Tab "File Patterns"
  • Press the button "Choose Folders...": Select the folder/drive to exclude
  • When a whole drive is selected, the correct pattern is "\QDriveletter:\\E.*", e.g. "\QZ:\\E.*"for the drive "Z:", not "\QZ:\\\E.*", as JPhotoTagger suggests (two backslashes, not three).
  • Press the button "Update Database"
To remove unused keywords from the keywords list:
  • File > Database
  • Tab "Maintainance"
  • Check "Delete unused keywords" and "Delete not referenced data (EXIF, XMP)"
  • Press the button "Start"

Elmar

Apr 21, 2020, 3:57:08 PM4/21/20
to JPhotoTagger Users English
Since version 0.44.1 JPhotoTagger also removes not used keywords, XMP and thumbnails when pressing the button "Update Database". So using afterwards the database maintainance dialog is not necessary.