1-day JPA programming codecamp

Sang Shin

Jul 12, 2016, 4:34:29 PM7/12/16

Folks,

Reminder of the upcoming 1-day JPA programming codecamp
from JPassion.com on Thursday this week.
I don't think we will be able to cover all JPA topics below but
we will try to cover as much as possible.  (We will definitely
cover how to call stored procedures from JPA since we need
to do recording of that topic.)
  1. JPA 1.0  introduction part 1
    • JPA O/R Mapping
    • What is an entity?
    • Entity Manager
    • Persistence context
    • Persistence unit
  2. JPA 1.0 introduction part 2 (1 hour lecture and 1 hour lab)
    • Embeddable objects
    • Secondary table
    • Composite primary key
    • Fetch modes
    • Entity listeners
  3. JPA 1.0 Mapping part 1 (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • Entity relationship
    • Directionality
    • Cardinality
  4. JPA 1.0 Mapping part 2 (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • Entity inheritance relationship
    • Single table strategy
    • Joined strategy
    • Which one to use?
  5. JPA qeury (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • EJB-QL enhancements
    • Basic query support
    • Named queries
    • Dynamic queries
    • Polymorphic queries
    • Subqueries
    • Joined queries
    • Advanced queries
    • Bulk update queries
    • Functions and aggregates
  6. JPA transaction (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • Transaction types
    • Transaction attributes
    • EntityManager and transaction types
    • Concurrenty and locking
  7. JPA 2.0 features 1 (1 hour lecture and 1 hour lab)
    • Richer mappings
    • Richer JPQL
  8. JPA 2.0 features 2 (1 hour lecture and 1 hour lab)
    • Criteria API
    • Cache API
    • Locking
  9. JPA 2.1 (Java EE 7) features  (0.5 hour lecture + 0.5 hour lab)
    • Stored procedures
  10. Spring framework data access (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • DAO support
    • @Repository annotation
    • Data access via JDBC
      • JdbcTemplate class
      • NamedParameterJdbcTemplate class
    • Data access via ORM
      • Hibernate
      • JPA
      • Spring Data JPA
  11. Spring framework transaction (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • Transaction management in Spring framework
    • Global transaction vs local transaction
    • PlatformTransactionManager interface
    • Declarative transaction management
    • Transaction propagation
  12. Spring Data (JPA focused) (1 hour lecture + 1 hour lab)
    • What is and Why Spring Data?
    • Spring Data JPA
    • Spring Data Repository interfaces
    • Step by step of building Spring Data JPA application
    • Paging and Sorting
    • Query generation strategies

             Sang Shin, sangshi...@gmail.com
  President and Chief Instructor of JPassion.com (JavaPassion.com)
         http://www.linkedin.com/in/javapassion (Linkedin)
          http://twitter.com/javapassion (Tweeter)
            Life is worth living... with Passion!

   Practically Free 3 to 5 days Live, Hands-on, Online Codecamps on
 Java,Spring,Hadoop,HTML5,Ruby/Rails,Grails,JavaScript/jQuery,Android
             http://jpassion.com/codecamps