Fw: PLANTING PEACE IN OUR COMMUNITY

gcw...@yahoo.com

Jun 27, 2009, 6:57:49 PM6/27/09
to jp-qu...@googlegroups.com

Helping Plant a lifestyle of Peace, Justice,and Spirit in Jamaica Plain, would make a fine Mission Statement for JP Quakers!

Planting seeds... is what we are doing, and we do not expect a full tree to flourish in a few months.  We are growing awareness, and growing into awareness ourselves. It will be a teaching and learning experience, the first step of a NEW journey!

Potluck and Worship on the Second Sunday July 12, August 9, 5-7pm.

Freedom School on the Fourth Sunday June 28, July 26, August 23, 5-7pm.
How can the NONVIOLENCE lived by Martin and Malcolm touch our lives today?  We will explore this theme on the 28th of June.

On July 26 We will explore the impact of weapons on the street.

On August 23rd we will consider our relationship to nonviolence.

Over the Summer we plan to take a version of Freedom School into the streets of Jamaica Plain.

And we will engage the community during the weeks especially reaching out to youth...

We invite you to join us in front of JP Licks 7-8pm TUESDAY June 30th, as we stand together a visible sign...at a COMMUNITY VIGIL!

We Quakers are planting peace... It is time!
jpqu...@bhfm.org for more info.

(Do share this)

Greg Williams for JP Quakers