[Joy of Art Forever] Small painting of gate

1 view

Lynne

Oct 17, 2010, 1:42:10 PM10/17/10
to joy-of-ar...@googlegroups.com
I'm hoping to dazzle you all with my many small
paintings for my upcoming show at my studio!
I did this subject years ago in watercolor. I recently
looked at the photo and fell in love with it all
over again. It was fun to do it with oil/alkyd paint
and to use a painting knife for some of the effects
on the gate posts. The color subtleties are quite
challenging, but interesting.
(The spelling of 'subtleties' is the same!)
Again, this is a 5" x 7" panel and I think I have to
call it "Williamsburg gate". Any other ideas?

--
Posted By Lynne to Joy of Art Forever at 10/17/2010 01:32:00 PM