[Joy of Art Forever] Small painting of Butterfly #2

1 view

Lynne

Oct 20, 2010, 12:04:44 AM10/20/10
to joy-of-ar...@googlegroups.com
I took a lot of photos of my tree hydrangea and so
have a lot of great material to paint. Here is yet
another one. The way I would shoot these photos
is that I would drive into my driveway and be very
close to the flowering branches. They were loaded
with bees and all manner of flying insects and
butterflies. It was a great vantage point to get
the pictures.
By the way, my son tells me that this is an
Eastern tiger swallowtail!
It is also another 5" x 7" on a panel.
All of these small paintings will be in my upcoming
show, but if you are interested in any of them,
contact me. They are $175 plus s & h.
They take 4 - 6 hours to do, plus varnishing and
framing! Frames are included by the way.

--
Posted By Lynne to Joy of Art Forever at 10/19/2010 01:50:00 PM