[Joy of Art Forever] Small paintings underway again

1 view

Lynne

Sep 25, 2010, 12:21:33 AM9/25/10
to joy-of-ar...@googlegroups.com

Apparently my last post was not working to show the photo, so
now you get two to look at!

I'm doing these 5" x 7" panel paintings in a group, working on one
for a while and then the next and the next. I have about a dozen
of them going now and it is really fun.

I tape the gessoed boards to a matboard a little larger than the
panel and that pretty much keeps my fingers out of the paint!
I draw the images on with a Papermate Sharpwriter. It keeps
the lines very nice and thin. Then I spray with fixative so I can
still see the image under the early thin coats of oil paint.

There'll be more, so stay tuned!

--
Posted By Lynne to Joy of Art Forever at 9/19/2010 04:57:00 PM