restart tuning

xuwe...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2015, 1:18:29 PM6/20/15
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In case I have several pro tuning iteration done successfully (like having joshua.config.PRO.it7), is there a way to resume more tuning iterations from there?

I guess a naive way would be modify the configuration files (params.txt; pro.config; joshua.config) to point to the it7 ones. Any easier ways?

Thank you,
- Wei

Matt Post

Jun 20, 2015, 2:55:45 PM6/20/15
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
To clarify, you want to continue tuning, initializing parameters from a previous run?

You could use the script $JOSHUA/scripts/training/run_tuner.py to run the tuner directly, and then pass it a custom params.txt. You can see the format in the file. The first column after the ||| is the initial value.

matt