Tune lasts for ever

Mojtaba Sabbagh

Aug 21, 2015, 11:01:45 AM8/21/15
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I tried to create a model for en-fa (English-Farsi) translation. The pipeline does all steps but the tune lasts for ever. I run it on an hp server with 32g RAM and 16 cores and Ubuntu os. The tuner is the default one and I couldn’t manage to use the other options. The tune corpus is around 8MB (roughly 80k sentences).

Any idea?

Regards
Mojtaba Sabbagh

Matt Post

Aug 21, 2015, 5:42:37 PM8/21/15
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
That is a *very* large tuning set. I suggest using no more than 5k, perhaps sample from it randomly.

You can see the progress of tuning by poking around in the tune/ subdirectory while it's running.

matt (from my phone)