Error when trying to use Berkeley LM

theresa...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2016, 3:58:13 PM2/8/16
to Joshua Technical Support
I'm trying to run Joshua for the first time.  I'm on OS X, so I'm following the instruction to use the --lm-gen berkeleylm flag, since KenLM won't run.  Here's the error message that I get:

 $JOSHUA/bin/pipeline.pl --source bn --target en

--type hiero     --no-prepare --aligner berkeley     --corpus input/bn-en/tok/training.bn-en     --tune input/bn-en/tok/dev.bn-en     --test input/bn-en/tok/devtest.bn-en --lm-gen berkeleylm

[source-numlines] cached, skipping...

[source-numlines] retrieved cached result =>    20788

[berkeley-aligner-chunk-0] cached, skipping...

[aligner-combine] cached, skipping...

[lm-sort-uniq] cached, skipping...

[berkeleylm] cached, skipping...

[compile-kenlm] rebuilding...

  dep=lm.gz [CHANGED]

  dep=lm.kenlm [NOT FOUND]

  cmd=/Users/theresabreiner/Documents/MCIT/Spring2016/MachineTranslation/joshua-6.0.5/bin/build_binary lm.gz lm.kenlm

  JOB FAILED (return code 127)

/bin/bash: /Users/theresabreiner/Documents/MCIT/Spring2016/MachineTranslation/joshua-6.0.5/bin/build_binary: No such file or directory

It looks like I'm missing the joshua-6.0.5/bin/build_binary command.  Any suggestions on how to ensure that it is properly installed?

Thanks!

Matt Post

Feb 8, 2016, 4:29:32 PM2/8/16
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
It looks like KenLM didn't build. What happens when you type "ant kenlm" from $JOSHUA?

theresa...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2016, 10:03:44 PM2/9/16
to Joshua Technical Support
I tried running ant kenlm and got some errors involving not recognizing cmake or boost. So, I installed both and ran ant kenlm again, and it worked. Now the build_binary file was there and so I've tried running Joshua again and it's still running but looking promising. Thanks!

Matt Post

Feb 9, 2016, 10:20:08 PM2/9/16
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
Great! Let us know how it goes.