Problem installing Joshua

sidhant...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2015, 9:30:11 PM10/6/15
to Joshua Technical Support
Hi,

I'm trying to build Joshua. I am having a build fail when I try to build KenLM. I have gone through the FAQ and installed boost. But i'm still getting the following errors.

kenlm:
     [exec] make: Entering directory '/home/ssetia/dr/joshua-v6.0.4/src/joshua/decoder/ff/lm/kenlm'
     [exec] make: Leaving directory '/home/ssetia/dr/joshua-v6.0.4/src/joshua/decoder/ff/lm/kenlm'
     [exec] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mt
     [exec] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mt
     [exec] collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
     [exec] Makefile:49: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces?).  Stop.
     [exec] Result: 2

Could you please help me out with this.

Thanks and Regards
Sidhant

Matt Post

Oct 7, 2015, 2:22:47 PM10/7/15
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What version of Joshua are you using? 6.0.4, the development branch, or something else?

(This is a common problem with the boost libraries that I hope will go away with the Joshua 6.0.5 release.)

matt

Sidhant Chetan Setia

Oct 8, 2015, 3:39:37 PM10/8/15
to Joshua Technical Support
Hi matt,

I'm using Joshua 6.04. I've been trying to build it but it keeps on giving the error. I've gone through the FAQ and changed my BOOST_ROOT. I also uncommented BOOST_MD but to no avail.
Should I try to build using the development branch or is there any way around this?

Regards
Sidhant

Matt Post

Oct 9, 2015, 10:52:22 AM10/9/15
to joshua_...@googlegroups.com
If you can wait a bit, the 6.0.5 release will fix all of this (it includes an updated KenLM with a *much* improved build system). You could also pull from the master branch on github, and that should work for you.

git clone g...@github.com:joshua-decoder/joshua.git

matt

Sidhant Chetan Setia

Oct 9, 2015, 11:19:19 PM10/9/15
to Joshua Technical Support
Thanks a lot Matt.
I'll try to build using the master branch on github and see if it works.

Regards
Sidhant