FW: Request for Postal Ballot

Vinod Negi

Dec 12, 2011, 11:17:03 AM12/12/11
to SJA Alumni Association, stjosep...@googlegroups.com, josephit...@googlegroups.com, returnin...@sjaalumni.com, Vinod S Negi

Dear Josephites,

Today is December 12, 2011.. and 11.15 Am in the morning. The Postman just delivered the mail and I quickly went to check if the ballot had arrived finally. NO.

I arrived in Washington DC, last night after two weeks and the first thing I did was check all my mail which my daughter had kept on my work desk. She has also been checking the mail every day for me.

I am now seriously wondering even with snail mail, it does not take 20 days for a mail from India. My sister’s rakish bandana envelop arrives each year without fail for the 23 years of the 26 yrs ( we were in India for three other Rakesh Bandanas) within 5-9 days!!!! And she sends it standard mail !!!

Below, is the postal receipt provided by Rakesh Jindey, the returning officer. If anyone can please verify with the post office if this is a correct and genuine receipt number (leaving no scope for any unintentional error) and let me know what is their estimated and expected time for such a mail to be delivered, I will be grateful.

Best Wishes,

Vinod S. Negi

ICSE 1977

Dec 12, 2011, 6:33:44 PM12/12/11
to returnin...@sjaalumni.com, SJA Alumni Association, stjosep...@googlegroups.com, josephit...@googlegroups.com, Vinod S Negi
Dear Rakesh,

You do not have to be formal with me. We must have been contemporaries in
school and more or less we are almost a few years apart, so please feel free
to address me as Vinod.

I find your email a little testy and rude. You are forgetting that I have
all the right to wonder and inquire why my ballot has not arrived in 20 days
when post has been delivered to me in the past from India within a
reasonable time period of one week - give and take a few days plus / minus.
No where am I accusing you of not sending me the ballot. Your present
responsibilities are that of a returning officer and not of a mind reader.
What is going on in my mind - you could have no idea unless you are a mind
reader. Yes, I need to verify if some digits could have been missing, the
address could have been possibly written incorrectly etc. I also need to see
if the item was genuinely mailed. Rakesh Jindey, the returning officer may
have in all good intention given the responsibility to a third person or a
peon and that third person/ peon could have made an unintentional error. Why
are you becoming so defensive and attacking my right to question you about
these possibilities?

And finally, I do not wish to be treated like Mussaddi Lal of the Office
Office fame. Please provide me the photocopies of the tracking page and I
will do my part of checking with the post office here in the US. I am sure
you have all the intent of mailing but at this stage, I have a right to
question the delay and also after due diligence on my part, your competency
in getting a sensitive work done in a timely and efficient manner.

Just so you are aware, a senior administrative/IT consultant who also
happens to be a Josephite, serving with the United States Postal Service
must have read this email and sent me a note - to let you know that the USPS
uses the latest and best technology of scanning and tracking. So please do
send me your evidence and I will be happy to clear the air for you.

Warm regards,

Vinod Negi

Dec 12, 2011, 9:27:00 PM12/12/11
to Rakesh Jindey, SJA Alumni Association, josephit...@googlegroups.com, Nitin Kochhar, an...@psahotjobs.com

Dear Rakesh,

After looking at the attachments, I can figure out ( I think) why the postal ballot was delayed!!! The Street address is correct, the apartment # is correct and so is the pin code but the city and state are missing!!!! I am sure this mail has been going around the whole of the US looking for the City and State address !!!! Bravo EC.

I shall go to the post office tomorrow and see what really happened now. I think, it should have been tracked from the pin code and narrowed down to the city and State.

Now if the address is incorrect, I am expecting the Electoral Officer to accept my vote by another means.  I hope you will be a gentleman enough to apologize for this oversight/error.

I will wait to hear.

Thank you,

Vinod Negi

Jan 16, 2012, 11:08:33 PM1/16/12
to Vinod Negi, Rakesh Jindey, SJA Alumni Association, josephit...@googlegroups.com

Dear Alumni Managing Committee Officials and Members,

After having waited almost two months for the delivery of my postal ballot mailed to me on Nov 23, 2011, I regret to inform that as of date, I have not received any notification of delivery or the physical ballot at my address. I have checked at my end and also have got some reliable people to check at the other end ( India ). Unfortunately, the tracking number does not show up. If anyone within the Alumni Managing Committee cares, please be kind to check at your end and let me know what really happened to my ballot.

I would have let this go as a case of “lost in mail” but when I heard that Mr. Aman Singh who also resides in the US received his ballot on Dec 07th and I have yet to receive mine, it does look terribly odd that two ballots were mailed to the US on the same date, one was delivered and the other remains undelivered. Also, when we checked online, no information appears.

This is my formal request to the Managing Committee to investigate this matter and send me a satisfactory response about the whereabouts of the postal ballot.

I am requesting Mr. Raman Bhatia, Vice President,  to please pursue this matter with the committee and I would like to have some written explanation of this matter.

Sincerely,

Vinod Negi

Member – SJA Alumni Association.

Jan 17, 2012, 8:49:08 AM1/17/12
to josephit...@googlegroups.com, Vinod Negi, Rakesh Jindey, SJA Alumni Association, josephit...@googlegroups.com
If ONLY it was POSTED at the correct address, Even I have not received the 1st AGM NOTICE till date, for which the Officials have "N" number of times stated that, "Whenever you will come to Dehra Dun we will show you the Proof OF RECEIPT  BY ME AT DELHI " and I have VISITED DEHRA DUN "N" no. of times, but was not shown anything ......................BUT  in the case of VINOD BHAI I can say one thing that "this has happenned  with a person who is THE MAN BEHIND THE FORMATION OF AA, ONLY A FEW REALISE (KNOW) this ."  and that is you VINOD SENIOR who many of us are actually PROUD of.

Vinod bhai, I can just say one thing, A BIG SALUTE TO YOU for YOUR DEDICATION.
Regards,

Anil Bakshi
Personnel Search Associates
F-58, L.G.F, Kalkaji