RE: SJA Alumni (US) Re-Union 2012 | Planning Phase

Vinod Negi

Apr 26, 2012, 7:03:04 PM4/26/12
to Sid Sharma, Shobit Arora, 4har...@gmail.com, Rajiv Dewan, ashishm...@comcast.net, Badri Balabhadra, Rohit Mansharamani, Sumit Mittal, Munindra Nath, Gaurav Kapoor, Rajay Goyal, Meena Vathyam, Ranvir Trehan, Paul Rehill, ut, Pankaj Aswal, Rajesh Khanna, Shikhar Saxena, parito...@yahoo.com, Arvind Datla, Sonu Mahajan, Jatin Kukreja, Abhishek Bhagatji, Anuj Mehta, stjosep...@googlegroups.com, josephit...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Sid. Very happy to see the New Englanders stepping forward and taking the initiative.

As I was saying.. the younger Alumni must take on the responsibilities of taking this forward as networking should be valuable to those who are starting or building a career. Some of us are past that mark though I always enjoy meeting Josephites anywhere, anytime.  The good part is that we are moving this reunion around to different cities and not repeating the venue. This, I feel is a very healthy practice and we should have host committees in all these places. I urge all those copied in this email to please forward it to as many Josephites as you know so we can reach out to a large number residing in the USA, Canada and even Mexico.

I am game for June and even July. So you can bank on me to be there and provide all assistance and guidance wherever necessary. If we have a firm date, we can invite some good speakers and business networkers to attend.

It would be extremely gratifying to see a bunch of at least 25 plus Josephites in Boston, MA in 2012!!!!!!

Best wishes and warm regards,

Vinod S Negi

Apr 27, 2012, 2:04:40 AM4/27/12
to stjosep...@googlegroups.com, Sid Sharma, Shobit Arora, 4har...@gmail.com, Rajiv Dewan, ashishm...@comcast.net, Badri Balabhadra, Rohit Mansharamani, Sumit Mittal, Munindra Nath, Gaurav Kapoor, Rajay Goyal, Meena Vathyam, Ranvir Trehan, Paul Rehill, ut, Pankaj Aswal, Rajesh Khanna, Shikhar Saxena, parito...@yahoo.com, Arvind Datla, Sonu Mahajan, Jatin Kukreja, Abhishek Bhagatji, Anuj Mehta, josephit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sid,

Thanks for taking the initiative with the SJA Alumni Reunion this time.

Regarding your suggestions:

1. Venue - Boston would be the ideal destination after the reunions in Washington DC and New York. Unless other alumni members feel otherwise I am fine with Boston as the venue.

2. Dates - Any weekend except 7th-8th July I am free to attend. If given a preference, July and August are more suitable for me than June.

Hope to get more responses from everyone. Will definitely spread the word.

Regards,

Vinayak Mathur
ISC 2005

Vinod Negi

Apr 28, 2012, 12:13:18 PM4/28/12
to stjosep...@googlegroups.com, josephit...@googlegroups.com

The composition of schools is much different than colleges. Colleges can handle such an intense focus in excelling in one particular subject or activity.

Schools – focuses on all round growth of a child.. studies – includes all subject, sciences, maths, algebra, trigonometry, geometry, English – grammar and literature, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit etc.. Sports - various disciplines within sports!!! I doubt one can focus on one particular subject or activity.  But the thought is intriguing – can it be done? not so sure.

My 0.02 cents!!

Vinod S Negi