Let this be our motto: freedom without anger. Jose Marti

Rigo Muniz

Oct 16, 2011, 8:18:29 PM10/16/11
to José Martí
"We must set aside, tie up, sacrifice a lot, dismiss our fantasies,
deal with our nation in turmoil, lifting up the sinners by the scruff
of their necks whether their sin be dressed in finery or the coarsest
cloth; we must extricate virtue from the depths, without committing
the error of ignoring it because it is dressed humbly or denying it
because it walks hand in hand with wealth and culture. . . . There is
another social danger that could affect Cuba: spineless flattery to
the rancor and confusion left behind by arrogant colonialism in the
wounded and needy souls, and the raising of an infamous structure on
hatred or contempt for a nascent democratic society by those who,
using the sanctity of freedom, oppose or detest it. If someone takes
away a human right let his hand be cut off, whether it be the hand of
the arrogant depriving the uneducated of their rights or the
uneducated depriving the arrogant of theirs. . . . If the revolution
entered into alliances in the shadows, whether with the humble or the
arrogant, the revolution would be criminal and unworthy of our
deaths. . . . Let this be our motto: freedom without anger. Jose Marti