JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE Frequently Asked Questions

Moderator

May 26, 2009, 2:59:30 PM5/26/09
to JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ
DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE.

If you have any questions feel free to ask...

Where is the school located?

JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE is located in Nueva
Ciudad Guerrero, Tamaulipas, Mexico on the Texas/Mexico border, 2
miles from the border. We are one and one half hours north from
McAllen TX.

Is your school listed in IMED?

Yes. JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE is listed in
Faimer's IMED. Below is the link.

https://imed.faimer.org/details.asp?country=649&school=&currpage=1&cname=MEXICO&city=&region=NA&rname=North+America&mcode=649420&psize=25

What is the Mini Med School Experience?

For prospective medical students who are uncertain if JBGdL is the
optimal place to study medicine, we offer a mini-medical school
experience on the campus of Guerrero. There are no fees for the
program other than your travel and lodging expenses. A variety of
lectures representing the basic sciences curriculum will be presented
by the faculty between 10 am and 2 pm on Saturday and Sunday, along
with sample examinations. Participants will have an opportunity to
meet with the Deans, the faculty, and current students in an informal
setting, and tours of the town will be provided.

How long is your program?

The program at JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE is a
four year.

The first two years are spent on the main campus in Guerrero in the
basic science courses and the last two years are spent in American
Hospitals for the clincal science portion of our program.

What is the tuition for your school?

Because of our new partnership with an international organization,
JOSE BERNARDO GUTIERREZ DE LARA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE is offering, for a
very limited time, the tuition of $26,000. This does not include
housing or clinical clerkships.