Problems to access with the cisco sunray 2

Waldo Panozo

Jul 3, 2017, 5:29:12 PM7/3/17
to jOpenRay
Hello, i have intalled jOpenRay, and i need to use my clients with windows remote desktop or something similar, but i cannot access to my client configurations i have the original keyboard, and only works the stop+v for check the version, stop+k and i dont know what is that info, the client show me the ip because i create a new network with dhcp for my computer and this client, please help me, i just get in into a new company, and we have like 200 clients of the same, thanks a lot for your help.

Guillaume Maillard

Jul 3, 2017, 5:32:39 PM7/3/17
to jope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You need to flash the GUI firmware to setup the server IP on your Sunrays
OR use DNS entries to auto-configure your Sunrays.

Regards,

Guillaume

--

---

Waldo Panozo

Jul 4, 2017, 8:11:45 AM7/4/17
to jOpenRay
Thank you very much for your answer Guillaume, but i never work with this kind of devices, may you can refer to me to some tutorial how can i flash the gui firmware or the dns entries, please? I really appreciate your help.

Guillaume Maillard

Jul 4, 2017, 3:59:57 PM7/4/17
to jope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't think there are some tutorials, all is available and documented in the Sun/oracle documentation :  SRSS - Sun Ray Server Software

Regards,

nikiwaibel

Jul 4, 2017, 9:24:54 PM7/4/17
to jOpenRay
iirc, the most simple way to put a GUI firmware onto the sunray is setting the dhcp server option "tftp" (66): http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/bootp/options.htm

then, check the tftp-server logs or trace the network to see which file the sunray tries to download.

i also remember that the latest versions of the sunray did not have separate non-GUI / GUI firmware files. the GUI part was rather an addition to the non-GUI firmware. i think in that case you could press STOP-sthg to activate the additional loading of the GUI "module".

found this as well: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21742_01/PDF/EN/SRSS4dot2InstallGuide(Solaris).pdf

hope this helps in some way, rds