Watching this project

sgsax

Feb 18, 2010, 10:00:56 AM2/18/10
to jOpenRay
Hi just found out about this from the Sunray-Users mailing list. I'll
be very interested to see how this develops. Especially if you can
make usb storage management better and other misc usb drivers
available more quickly than Sun. Even more especially if Oracle
decides to drop the product. I love my Sunrays and never want them to
go away.

Niki Waibel

Feb 21, 2010, 9:30:52 AM2/21/10
to jope...@googlegroups.com
in theory the complete sunray stack could be replaced by open software:
* server software (www.jopenray.com)
* software client (softray.sf.net)
* hardware client
** replace firmware -- to be done ;-)
** develop such a hw thing and make it even cheaper

i've started to put together as much info as possible about the
protocol on softray.sf.net. you'll see that storage uses a different
part of the protocol, none of us has implemented yet. same could be
with the multimedia extensions.

it seems we all love these great boxes. they should also have already
implemented a wireless bridge and optional a display with a
touchscreen.

regards and happy hacking,
niki