Can JOpenDocument convert a odt to PDF?

Alfredo Rodriguez Cardoso

Feb 25, 2021, 11:43:48 AM2/25/21
to jOpenDocument
Hi folks!

I'm development a program with JOpenDocument to make (with LibreOffice extension) and upload templates to this program, from this generate some formats documentos like odt, ods and PDF.

With this example https://www.jopendocument.org/tutorial_pdf.html   I tried generate pdf from a odt but when a use this example throw this error: v

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This class is only for ODS files
    at org.jopendocument.model.OpenDocument.loadFrom(Unknown Source)

I understand that example is a ods document, but, Could JOpenDocument generate PDF from ODT? If yes, Do you have any example?

Cheers!

Guillaume Maillard

Feb 25, 2021, 1:41:44 PM2/25/21
to jopend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To render an odt is like re-coding LibreOffice... so it's not doable, but we are progressing on odt rendering,
it will be available on next release.

Regards,
Guillaume

--